Everyone is welcome to serve. Please the contact project coordinator to learn more.
- Thursday, November 1, 8, 15, and 29– Loving Your Neighbor Classes in Spring Hall from 6:00 –8:00 p.m. Sponsored by Love INC, hosted at Tinkling Spring Presbyterian Church. Volunteers are always needed!
- Tuesday, November 20 – Disciples Kitchen Lunch at Second Presbyterian Church, Waynesboro from 10:30-12:30 a.m. Contact Sue Ervin at 540-943-1011, if you can assist.
- Thursday, November 15 – Food Pantry will distribute from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Please call Donna Pangburn if you would like to lend a hand.
- Thursday, November 15 – Clothes Closet will distribute from 5:00-7:00 p.m. If you would like help, please contact Sue Ervin or Sharon Wood.
- Thursday, November 15 – Diaper Closet distribution. If interested, please contact Hazel Jones.
Ready to PACK a Shoebox and bring a smile to a child?
1. Pick up a box from the Mission Table located across from the officers’ mailboxes;
2. Select a “wow” toy such as a doll, stuffed animal, yo-yo, etc.;
3. Pack full of other fun toys, hygiene items (nothing liquid), and school supplies;
4. Pray for the child who will receive your gift;
Consider placing a personal note and/or a photo which can make a big impact on the recipient;
5. Enclose a donation of $9 to cover shipping and over project costs;
6. Bring your box to TSPC by Sunday, November 11, for it and its recipient to be blessed.
This year you may fill a shoebox in honor or memory of a loved one. Cards will be available on the Mission table. You are asked to take two cards, one for your use and the other to be returned along with your filled shoebox. There will be a display on the Mission bulletin board for all to see. In addition, or in lieu of filling a box, financial donations may be made to help with the shipping costs of the boxes. Checks should be payable to TSPC and given to Sharon Wood, Chair of the Mission Ministry.
Sox Box and Mitten Tree
Our collections for these two projects will begin on Sunday, November 25. Bring in new socks of all sizes, and colors, for both genders and place in the Sox Box located in the coffee gathering area. The Mitten Tree will be in the corner of the coffee gathering area and will hold warm and colorful mittens, hats, and scarves. This year all items donated to both the Sox Box and the Mitten Tree will be distributed in our surrounding community through Disciples Kitchen, Valley Mission, and WARM. Thank you for helping the Mission Ministry bring warmth to others.
Health Care in Haiti Click here for Pictures
John Reed, Carla Byrd, and Page Hearn from Tinkling went June 9th-16th to Haiti with two pharmacists from West Virginia. Thanks to this team 200 children received six months of cavity prevention, newborns received onesies and blankets, children coming to the clinic will receive vitamins courtesy of the two pharmacists from WV. Many children received much needed Claritin, and approximately 30 individuals were given vision tests. God’s love was everywhere, given by our team and from those with whom they interacted. All the children enjoyed things like glow sticks, soccer balls, and food treats.